Re: C-130s and other military aircraft

Date:         13 Feb 97 01:37:37
From:         Steve D White <steve@sdwhite.demon.co.uk>

In article <airliners.1997.387@ohare.Chicago.COM>, MegaZone
<megazone@livingston.com> writes
>standard C-130H military model.  And the RAF has C-130H-30s that are
>stretched like the L-100-30.

The Royal Air Force actually have C-130Ks which only exists for the UK.
The aircraft is infact a C-130E with UK mods on.  We call them the
Hercules CMk1 and CMk3 for the short and streched respectively.

If your wondering what happened to the C Mk2, its the Met office
Hercules calles Snoopy due to the extra long probe on the front.

We should have C-130Js next year (Herc. C Mk4 & C Mk5)

SD White BEng CEng MIEE                 E-Mail:sdwhite@iee.org
Electronic Assessment
Patrol & Support Aircraft Deptartment
DTEO Boscombe Down
AMESBURY
Wilts, SP4 0JF

These views are mine and not necessarily those of DTEO