Re: Emergency Landing/China Airlines

Date:         03 Feb 97 03:18:35
From:         Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang)

Brian Wiklem  <brian_wiklem@interactive.sony.com> wrote:
>On the news the other night, a China Airlines 747 (looked like
>a -200) made an emergency landing at JFK, and skidded off the side of
>the runway.
>
>Does anyone have any info?  The news said that a cause was unknown,
>and nothing appeared in the paper...

It's an Air China International B747-200.  China Airlines does not
use B747-200 into JFK.  Air China International (or just Air China)
is the national carrier of the People's Republic of China and it is
based in Beijing.  China Airlines is based in Taipei, Taiwan.

I don't know anything about this incident.  However, there is another
post in this group that has some information of this incident.