Re: Toilet sucks in child

Date:         31 Jan 97 14:29:25
From:         Jean-Francois Mezei <"[nospam]jfmezei"@videotron.ca>

Robert Nafe wrote:
> If the toilet dump valve fails it will cause a neg pressure at the
> toilet.  A person on the toilet generally cover the entire seat.

Excuse me, my how many people sit down with the legs totally parallel
(as opposed to being spread somewhat ?) And if legs are spread open to
some extent, I doubt even more that a seal could be made.

And even if the legs were not spread and a seal were made, spreading the
legs should not be impossible and this would break the seal.

Remember that when sitting down, one generally sits down far back enough
to allow both liquid and solid orifices to dump their waste and in so
doing, makes it even harder to form seal. And I won't even mention the
fact that most people stand up to use toilet paper PRIOR TO FLUSHING.

While it is possible that the flushing mechanism may have accidentally
been triggered while the passenger was still sitting down, I really do
not think that a passenger would have had much trouble breaking the seal
him/herself. Then again, someone stupid enough to be in such a position
might now have the brains to free her/himself.

I still think that this is more urban myth.