Re: UPS Weekend Passenger Service (was: Re: MD-17 vs. MD-11F/DC-10F)

Date:         31 Jan 97 14:29:25
From:         James Buongiovanni <jbuong@cyberhighway.net>

1jnb@worldnet.att.com (J Berry) wrote:
> UPS is rolling out PASSENGER service this yr
>They have ordered roll-in seating (decked out nicely) to utilize their
>planes for weekend leisure travel. One problem that I would have a
>difficult time overcoming: NO WINDOWS, of course.

 I had heard that the FAA wasn't going to let the pax service start on
727's until they solved the problem with the new engines flaming out.
Apparently Rolls-Royce is in the dark as to how to remedy the problem.
Awhile back all three engines flamed out at the top of decent, they got
two lit at about 2000 ft agl. Read about it on the NTSB's web site.

Regards,