Re: DC-8s in service; no 707s?

Date:         30 Jan 97 00:36:24
From:         M.J.Jennings@amtp.cam.ac.uk (Michael Jennings)

Bizfixer <bizfixer@aol.com> wrote:
>CFM-56 engines on DC-8s allow them to meet current noise requirements and
>are also very efficient.  As far as I know, hush-kits for the 707 are
>marginal on noise and the old engines so equipped are very
>fuel-inefficient.  I believe USAF re-engined some 707s (AWACS?), but too
>expensive for commercial use.

	The 707 was still in production for military variants until
quite recently (six or seven years ago) was it not? Were these aircraft
built with CFM56 engines from the word go?

	Michael.
--
Michael Jennings
Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics

	"`I need every aluminum can you can find! And duct tape!"