Re: MD-17 vs. MD-11F/DC-10F

Date:         27 Jan 97 02:45:58
From:         don@rata.vuw.ac.nz (Don Stokes)

In article <32fe7206.4973594@news.concentric.net>,
Michael Butler  <mbutler@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>Actually Eric the high cockpit goes even further back to the Bristol
>Freighter.  I remember these being used in Wellington on a quick turn
>around inter-island service.  Palletised cargo was loaded through the
>nose and unloaded through the tail door - or was it the other way
>around?

Not on a Bristol -- they just have the nose doors (and a passenger door
near the tail).  Maybe you're thinking of the Argosy, which was used for
inter-island freight service by Safe Air until a few years ago, up until
they gave up on air freight and stuck to maintenance services.  (Safe Air
flew Bristols too, but phased them out quite a long time ago.  There's
one preserved at a Nelson museum.)

--
Don Stokes, Network Manager, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
don@vuw.ac.nz(work) don@zl2tnm.gen.nz(home) +64 4 495-5052 Fax+64 4 471-5386