Re: MD-17 vs. MD-11F/DC-10F

Date:         27 Jan 97 02:45:58
From:         musjnd@gsu.edu (Jonathan N. Deitch)

	1jnb@worldnet.att.com (J Berry) writes:

> I know its off-topic, but UPS is rolling out PASSENGER service this yr
> They have ordered roll-in seating (decked out nicely) to utilize their
> planes for weekend leisure travel. One problem that I would have a
> difficult time overcoming: NO WINDOWS, of course.

Actually, with UPS being based here in Atlanta, there was a fair bit of
press concerning this.  They do have roll-in seating (it's essentially a
cargo pallet for people) and they plan to uncover the windows on the
planes.  This would mean, I guess, that they are only using planes that
HAD windows to begin with ...

And as you mentioned, the things are supposed to be REALLY nice to travel on !

- Jonathan

Roddenberry, Asimov, Henson, Dr. Seuss, Mel Blanc, Friz Freleng ...  Sigh ...