Re: Concorde's other customers

Date:         26 Dec 97 03:28:58
From:         niels@nospam.demon.co.uk (Niels Sampath)

           marcmsc@geocities.com "Marc Schaeffer" writes:

>James, I have to confirm that 'The Boeing 707 was a safer aircraft
>because of the Comet experiences.' To set-up my Comet webpages I made a
>lot of search and found out that during the accident investigation of YP
>and YY there were regular safety meetings which were held between DH and
>Boeing. The philosophy was (and is the same today) that competition
>stops when safety is the main focus. Boeing was well informed about the
>investigations and the related findings, so that results could already
>be implemented in the 07 design. I would say that the 07 was the first
>a/c to benefit from the negative DH experience. Of course Boeing had
>already experience as you state, they didn't start from scratch.

	This evidence of sharing data for safety's sake would
be re-inforced by the deep-stall (T-tail) problems/crash encountered by
the first BAC-1-11.  I've read in several accounts how the data was
duly handed over to help Douglas avoid the same problem with the DC-9.

--
-Niels
(for e-mail replies you -might- have to replace 'nospam' with 'lofgren')