Re: Single engine jet.

Date:         21 Dec 97 02:32:48
From:         Lee Wonnacott <lwonnacott@centuryinter.net>

Bartscher wrote:
> The aircraft was called the Perigrine I believe. It may have been a
> casualty of the spinoff of Gulfstream from Grumman. However this is a
> guess at best. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

The Perigrine project died, along with a test pilot or two, in the
early 1980's. It was a Gulfstream project, not Grumman, and some
testing was conducted from Wiley Post field in OKC. The first accident
destroyed prototype one and the pilot. I don't remember of the second
accident killed the pilot or not, but it did a number on the project.
Mr. Paulson was the one that made the decision to pull the plug.

Regards,

Lee