Re: A340-500/600 and B777-200X/-300X

Date:         21 Dec 97 02:32:31
From:         niels@nospam.demon.co.uk (Niels Sampath)

           Chuanga@cris.com "H Andrew Chuang" writes:
>A note on engines for the new aircraft: Pratt & Whitney has decided to
>compete with Rolls-Royce for powering the new A340 derivatives.  This
>should made the A340 a more competitive product.  P&W will also offer
>a 102K engine for the proposed B777-200X/-300X.

	Just wondering if there is an obvious answer to the question:
would R-R make more money selling engines for X number of A340s
or X number of 777X's...fleet of same number of planes in question. i.e.
would they (or P+W I suppose) swing plane purchases one way
or the other to suit themselves even if they were the potential suppliers of
both engines on both the Airbus and Boeing for a given customer.

--
-Niels

(for e-mail replies you -might- have to replace 'nospam' with 'lofgren')