Re: Concorde Engines

Date:         17 Dec 97 03:41:28
From:         "Jim DeYoung" <jimdeyoung@worldnet.att.net>

The Aronskys <4penpals@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message ...
>1). What is the maximum speed of a Concorde?
>
>2). Because of the speed of the Concorde, the engines must be pretty
>powerful. What kind of engines are these and are these some kind of
>special engines?

Concorde's max operating speed is 1450 mph, with a typical cruise speed of
Mach 2.02.

It's equipped with 4 Rolls Royce/SNECMA Olympus 593 Mk 610 Turbojets and are
rated at 38,050 lbs of thrust each.  I'm not 100% sure but I believe that
the engines have variable inlets that enable the engines to perform well at
any flight altitude as  Concorde cruises at FL600.  I hope I was able to
help.