Re: PHL-NRT Under ETOPS 180

Date:         10 Dec 97 04:05:01
From:         "Shawn P. Stokes" <HTMunster@worldnet.att.net>

B.A. Patterson wrote:
> The U.S. Gov't has been reported as negotiating rights with Japan for
> US Airways to serve NRT.  It would presumably do so from PHL.

(snip)

Ah but would it be from PHL.  There is a lot of technology based
industry in the Pittsburgh area that would provide O&D traffic plus the
connects.  When USAir first applied for service to NRT it was PIT-NRT.
I have to wonder if anyone has heard anything from US abt this.   Either
way as has been stated it would not matter range wise.

[Moderator's Note: While interesting, this is drifting off into
misc.transport.air-industry territory, so I've directed followups
solely to that newsgroup.  -- Karl]

Shawn