Re: Confusion over 777 variants.

Date:         09 Dec 97 03:54:24
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>In June-July 1996, I flew Cleveland-Newark-Heathrow and back on
>United; three of the aircraft used were 777's.

United doesn't fly CLE-EWR, and didn't in 1996.  Perhaps you meant
Washington-Dulles instead of Newark, but that would have been a
Jetstream on United Express for the CLE-IAD segment.

>I say three because the aircraft all had different interior decor,
>and at least one had different breakdown for the number of rows in
>first, business, and coach class.

All of United's 777s have the same 12/49/231 breakdown of F/C/Y
seats.  At least one was delivered in a different configuration, but
converted prior to the start of service in 1995.

United's 777-222IGWs have newer C seats, and lack the in-seat video,
but the still have the same arrangement of seats.  Other than that,
they have the same decor as the second plane in service had on its
very first flight, so I'd be surprised if others are different.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com