Re: de-icing

Date:         09 Dec 97 03:54:24
From:         Seth Dillon <bdillon1@mindspring.com>

Gary Neff wrote:
> In article <airliners.1997.2796@ohare.Chicago.COM>, "redjeff" <redjeff@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >No license is required, or needed for de-icing crews.  Most U.S. airlines
> >use aircraft mechanics that have spent a few hours in a de-icing class.
>
> Offhand, I can't think of any US airlines that use mechanics as deicers.

Delta uses mechanics for deicing at maintenance stations.  At most
non-maintenance stations ramp personnel who have recieved the same
initial and recurrent training as the mechanics perform the deicing.  At
some stations contract deicing companies or other 121 carriers perform
this deicing.  The contract personnel are trained by Delta.

To the original poster, the FAA advisory circulal which outlines the
requirements for a 121 carriers deicing program is AC120-60.

-Seth