Re: ETOPS Question

Date:         01 Dec 97 02:33:57
From:         don@news.daedalus.co.nz (Don Stokes)

Don Stokes <don@news.daedalus.co.nz> wrote:
>There's a brief note in the November issue of New Zealand Wings stating
>that Air New Zealand are claiming that the delivery flight for their latest
>toy, 767-319ER ZK-NCL, from Seattle to Christchurch late last month is the
>longest ever for a commercial twin engined jet aircraft.  The distance given
>is 12,273 km (6627 nm), and the flight took 15 hours, 20 minutes.

Aaargh!  I just looked at the Royal NZ Aero Club report in the same issue
(which I don't usually read, and I wonder of the magazine editors don't
either), and it states that the claim is for a world record for speed over
a recognised course.  It also says the time taken was 14 hours 54 minutes.
(At least the distances agree!)

--
Don Stokes, Networking Consultant  http://www.daedalus.co.nz  +64 25 739 724
Network Design, Cable Plans, LANs, WANs, Radio Networks, Internet Consulting