Re: ETOPS Question

Date:         01 Dec 97 02:33:55
From:         mweber@t140.aone.net.au (James Matthew Weber)

>There's a brief note in the November issue of New Zealand Wings stating
>that Air New Zealand are claiming that the delivery flight for their latest
>toy, 767-319ER ZK-NCL, from Seattle to Christchurch late last month is the
>longest ever for a commercial twin engined jet aircraft.  The distance given
>is 12,273 km (6627 nm), and the flight took 15 hours, 20 minutes.

I believe that is incorrect. I think the actual record for a 767 is
held by an Air Mauritius 767-300ER on a delivery flight for a
commercial aircraft. The 777-200IGW painted in MAS colors flew almost
20,000km.

I suspect there is something else going on here. Perhaps a record for
revenue service on a twin jet, certainly not a distaince record for a
commercial twin.