Re: Does anybody have any real data for per hour costs B727/B737

Date:         01 Dec 97 02:33:53
From:         darren@daz-technology.demon.co.uk (Darren Rhodes)

On 23 Nov 97 03:04:03 , flynby@worldnet.att.net wrote:

>Can anyone give me some hard data for both the B727-200 & B737-200
>(advanced models) on a per hour cost, i.e. maintenance skd/non skd and
>etc....
>
>Thnx

Okay B727-200 and and B737-100/200 coming up.

This data is from Avmark Aviation Economist and is from US reported
data in 1994. US airlines are required to produce this data annually
under a regulation known as form or section 41 reporting AFAIK.
Avmark published this in Aug 1995. I am sure there is more recent data
available now.

Boeing 737-100/200

Total block hours: 942,402
Gallons of fuel ('000): 766,480
ASMs (millions): 33,132

Operating Expenses (dollars per block hour)

Labour: 490
Fuel: 428
Other: 28
Direct maintenance - airframe: 138
		    - engine: 105
Maintenance burden: 163
Depreciation: 139
Aircraft rent: 211

Total costs per block hour: $1,702

Boeing 727-200:

Total block hours: 1,492,352
Gallons of fuel ('000): 1,879,070
ASMs (millions): 77,472

Operating Expenses (dollars per block hour)

Labour: 661
Fuel: 669
Other: 46
Direct maintenance - airframe: 175