Re: No. of wheels and runways

Date:         29 Nov 97 15:40:00
From:         l.a.ram@ix.netcom.com (Louis A. Ramsay)

In <airliners.1997.2680@ohare.Chicago.COM> "David Fielding" <dfield@epix.net> writes:
>I don't know of specific regulations of weight-per-wheel, or any
>published data about specific airports.

     Although my copy of the Airport/Facility Directory for Alaska is a
bit old, I have always seen Runway Weight Bearing Capacity listed for
major (not bush strips) airports both in Alaska and the "lower '48".

     The list will show the landing gear configuration and a
permissable operating weight for that configuration.

     The configurations run from "S" for Single Wheel-type landing gear
     (DC-3, F-15)

     TDT for Twin Delta Tandem landing gear (C-5 and Concorde)

     Lou.