Re: "Boeing" DC-9?? (was Re: Douglas DC-5)

Date:         29 Nov 97 15:39:57
From:         Antoin Daltun <adaltun@tinet.ie>

>But now Bombardier owns deHavilland and you'll often see the Bombardier
>logo on existing Dash-8s. I suspect that part of the maintenance
>involves putting up the bombardier logo :-)

Quite often the purchase agreement specifies that the aircraft should be
painted on the aircraft in a conspicuous position.

I have heard that there is a new FAA rule which requires aircraft
manufacturer, type and individual manufacturer's serial number to be
painted externally.  Does anyone know if this is correct?

Brgds

Antoin Daltun