Re: Confusion over 777 variants.

Date:         29 Nov 97 15:39:56
From:         jf mezei <"[non-spam]jfmezei"@videotron.ca>
Followups:    1 2 3

C. Marin Faure wrote:
> Right now there are only three 777s out there.  The 777-200 (original),
> the 777-200IGW (increased gross weight version of the original), and the
> 777-300 (stretch version currently in flight test).

I get the impression that the very first batch of 777s handed to United
for instance were "early prototypes" (lets call them 777-200) and that
by now Boeing has new and improved 777-200s available (777-200IGW etc).

Would any airline without existing 777s want to order the same airplanes
that were first delivered to UA ? Or would they not prefer to get the
more recent incantations of the 777-200s that have incorporated
improvements (IGW range etc)?

Are we talking here about the evolutionary fine tuning of the 777-200 or
does Boeing really plan to keep on marketing various models of the
777-200 ?