Re: Saudi MD-11's ???

Date:         24 Nov 97 03:27:48
From:         niels@nospam.demon.co.uk (Niels Sampath)

           rollers@interlog.com "Peter Ivakitsch" writes:
>Can anyone advise as to the delay in delivery of Saudia Arabian
>Airline's MD-11's.  A good friend of mine who was scheduled to transfer
>from the A-300 to the MD-11 has been told to expect to remain on the
>A-300 and was given no word as to the hold up.  This all comes after he
>and several other crew members were trained and prepared to take
>delivery of the MD-11.  The silence from SV is very strange as last we
>know the 4 MD-11's are sitting in Long Beach ready for delivery.  Any
>information would be greatly appreciated.

I have read (World Airline Fleets News [Nov]  via `Blue Print') that one
of the four MD-11s (they are all Fs) is now bound for Citybird and another
to Virgin (both as freighters).  However, the report does descibe this as
speculative info.
(Though, yes, Virgin does seem interested in a -freighter- as they recently
started joint freight ops with Malaysian using a Malaysian MD-11F).

--
-Niels