Re: A340-500/600 vs. B777-200X/B747-200X etc.

Date:         23 Nov 97 03:04:04
From:         Joseph Edward Nemec <none@really.com>

les visiteurs du Web Bar wrote:
> I can't imagine it
> coming up for consideration at Boeing unless Boeing needs to increase
> 777 production beyond the seven/month that the existing building can
> handle.

I would like to point out two things.

1) Boeing produces all its wide-body aircraft in one single building.

2) The 777 production area is not that large, as compared to the rest of
the building.

If Boeing wanted to produce a 10m stretch of the 777-300, I think that
they could do it in the same building as where they produce the 777-300.

Airports where such planes would land is another matter, of course.....