Re: ETOPS Question

Date:         22 Nov 97 20:41:25
From:         lstone@wwa.com (Larry Stone)

In article <airliners.1997.2677@ohare.Chicago.COM>, rlawler@isd.net wrote:

>Let's understand some about almost any aircraft.  There are certain
>components on an aircraft, such as an APU, which are not normally
>certified for use in the air.

Let's understand something else about about almost any aircraft. In an
emergency, once you run out of "by the book" things to do, you start
trying other things that are not in the book but your pilot-in-command
judgement suggest might work. Some of these things are even aniticipated -
overweight landings are not "by the book" but that hasn't stopped Boeing
(in the case of the one I saw) from including reference speeds for
overwieght landings "for use when an overweight landing is judged to be
the best option".

--
-- Larry Stone --- lstone@wwa.com
   http://www.wwa.com/~lstone/