Re: A question on ETOPS requirements

Date:         22 Nov 97 20:41:25
From:         faurecm@halcyon.com (C. Marin Faure)

In article <airliners.1997.2697@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Tomasz Natkanski
<polo@seds.lpl.arizona.edu> wrote:

> Recently I was flying LOT airlines from Newark to Warsaw and prior to the
> departure I saw one mechanic service both engines of the 767. He just
> seemed to be adding some fluid. This leads me to a question or two: For
> ETOPS regulations, can one mechanic service both engines? Also, does LOT
> need ETOPS to operate the transatlantic route using their B767-ER fleet?

I was told at Air New Zealand that ETOPS regulations do not permit both
engines to be worked on at the same time.  I have seen it stated that the
same mechanic cannot perform the same maintenance function on both
engines, but I don't know if that applies to every function, or even if it
is a correct statement.

C. Marin Faure
  author, Flying A Floatplane