Re: Trip costs

Date:         20 Nov 97 02:53:42
From:         Bob Mann <rwmannco@interport.net>

Marc Schaeffer wrote:
> When it comes to trip costs there are three major parameters :
> - total trip costs
> - trip costs per mile
> - trip costs per passenger mile
> First of all you can calculate the costs in different manners. Either
> you consider a trip of -say- 2000nm or you consider a trip with the full
> load range of the a/c. I seems logical that the costs get better the

Actually, ASM costs decline up to the full pax/bags payload (and ATM costs
up to the full payload) cusp in the payload/range curve, then escalate as
payload in traded off against fuel burn required to extend range.

Standardization of test mission profile (full range of missions, not a
single point-average stage length), gets you to the closest head-to-head
comparability.

 - Bob

R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.
Airline Industry Analysis and Consulting
Port Washington, NY  11050  USA
office 516-944-0900, fax-7280, mailto:rwmannco@interport.net
http://www.interport.net/~rwmannco/