Re: Boeing considering ultra-long range 747-200X

Date:         15 Nov 97 16:24:43
From:         here@there.somewhere (Dave v1.0)

In article <airliners.1997.2581@ohare.Chicago.COM>, kls@ohare.Chicago.COM
(Karl Swartz) wrote:

> Flight International, in the current issue, reports that Boeing is
> evaluating airline interest in an ultra-long range 747 based on the
> 747-400F and seating 355-380 passengers in typical configurations.
> Range would be 9,200 statute miles (14,800 km) compared to 8,380 mi
> (13,480 km) for the 747-400.
> Cathay Pacific, EVA Air (Taiwan), and Qantas are mentioned as potential
> customers for the aircraft, which could be launched as early as next
> May if there is sufficient interest.

How would Boeing be able to produce this 200x given their current
production is so overbooked?  The value of my Boeing stock has taken it in
the shorts due to production delays, and I fail to see how a new
derivitive could be delivered in May 98.

Can you elaborate on how they could pull this off?

Dave

--
"If you wish to drown, do not torture yourself with shallow water"
 -- Bulgarian proverb.