Re: A330/340 vs. B777

Date:         21 Jan 97 01:32:23
From:         matt@firstsol.com (matt weber)

>Some people won't assimilate the information that are given to them.
>They are told Airbus's 2-4-2 economy configuration is more comfortable
>than Boeing's 2-5-2.  They are also told Airbus's 2-2-2 business
>configuration is more comfortable than Boeing's 2-3-2.  Some will accept
>these statements without even analyzing the information.  That's what
>I meant by "some peple will believe what they are told to believe".
>
>IMHO, Airbus's claims are true only when the flight is more than 85-90%
>full.  Otherwise, the wider seats should win.

Personally, I think this entire argument is academic. The people riding
in the premium cabins may or may choose an airline based upon comfort. I
suspect most make a choice based upon frequent flyer program!

Here we are aruing about comfort in the enconomy cabin. Most if not all
of the passengers down the back are there on the basis of price. All other
things being equal, they will pick comfort, but in general, they are not
willing to pay an extra cent for it. You can treat them incredibly badly,
but if you have the lowest fare,they will come back for more almost always.
I've never understood it, but I've seen it so often it isn't funny.