Re: Leading Edge fences

Date:         25 Sep 97 01:39:44 
From:         k_ish <>
Organization: Netcom
References:   1 2 3
Followups:    1
Next article
View raw article
  or MIME structure

rosevax wrote:
> Regarding wing fences:
> Do the rather wide "pontoons" (sorry, don't know the correct name) located
> on the lower surface of the wings of A320s & 757s serve the same purpose?

These are called "flap track fairings", and house the tracks and some of
the drive mechanisms that the flaps slide on.   Since they are on the
trailing edge of the wing, I doubt they have much benefit in stopping
spanwise airflow.

Ken Ishiguro