Re: P3/Electra (was Questions about the DH Comet)

Date:         17 Sep 97 02:49:22
From:         Steve Lacker <look@the.sig>

Malcolm Weir wrote:

>  Then one of these years the MPA forces of the world
> will get thier collective acts together and build a MPA specific air flying
> machine...........
>
> p.s. Boeing tried this a few years ago with a 757 derivative, then Lockheed
> and the U.S. Navy got involved with turning old "Desert Stored" P-3's into
> UDIV's, another lost program..... enough said.......

And the P-7 didn't get very far either.

> The P3 and Electra are related, but not the same.  The fuselage (of the P3)
> is 28ft shorter

Do you perhaps mean 28 INCHES???

As for the other differences, I thought that they were really quite
minor (military rating and certification standards) and that it was
quite accurate to say that the P3 and Electra were more closely related
than, say, the KC-135 and 707.

--
Stephen Lacker
PO Box 8029, Austin TX 78713-8029