Re: 2nd Officer on a 767 -Reply

Date:         17 Sep 97 02:49:20
From:         Eden Jarvis <JarvisGE@telkom.co.za>

"Steven G. Thomson" <sthomson@i1.net> wrote:
>I seem to recall that Air France had flight officers on their first
>737's, because it was a union requirement. Now, that would be a tight
>squeeze.
>BTW, has anybody ever really gotten into the jumpseat behind the
>captain on the 737?

I am 6'5" and I sat in the jumpseat on a A320 on a flight from CPT-JHB.
Even when the Captain put his seat forward to land I couldn't fit behind
the seat. I sat perpendicular to the seat during the flight.

There was even a 747 pilot from an international flight into CPT
catching a rideto JHB  who chose to stand in the kitchen rather than sit
in the jumpseat.

The 737 can't be any better.

Eden.