Re: Leading Edge fences

Date:         16 Sep 97 02:35:26 
From: (Gary Neff)
References:   1
Next article
View raw article
  or MIME structure

In article <airliners.1997.2068@ohare.Chicago.COM>,  (BAEJS3201) wrote:
>Hey out there can anyone answer a question for me??? I've noticed that
>aircraft with aft mounted engines(727,DC9/MD80 and maybe Fokkers)have what
>looks like a fence on the leading edges of the wings. Is this to straighten
>the airflow for the engines????

On the Fokker F28, what you're seeing is a stall fence. It's used to control
the spanwise flow of air.