Re: AA and UA DC-10's

Date:         15 Jan 97 04:23:55
From:         lstone@interserve.com (Larry Stone)

In article <airliners.1997.211@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Drew Jackson
<dmj123@psu.edu> wrote:

>I am curious about American's and United's DC-10's that are still in
>service.  How many does each airline now have in its operational fleet,
>and how long are they scheduled to stay?

UA has about 25-30 DC-10-10's unretired although some are stored for short
periods. Typically 20-24 in service at a time. All should be gone by the
end of 2000. Also 8 DC-10-30's, 4 of which are being converted into
freighters. 4 of them are technically freighters (-30F's) that have been
converted to passenger planes but of the 4 being converted to freighters,
only 1 is an original freighter. No idea as to retirement plans.

--
-- Larry Stone --- lstone@interserve.com
   http://www.interserve.com/~lstone/