Re: Airliner Windows

Date:         08 Sep 97 02:03:46
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>>I think you'll find the newer 737 (300+?) windows are set higher..
>>so plan your flights accordingly... <g>
>
>Wrong - 707 through 757 (narrow bodies only) put the windows in the same
>place relative to the floor and use essentially the same window frame
>forgings.

I've seen both a 737 (second generation) and 757 without their cabin
fittings, and they have a very large aluminum forging around the
window openings.  Upon visiting the 727 at Chicago's Museum of Science
of Industry, I was therefore surprised to find that it did not have
these same forgings and indeed seemed to be a very different design.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com