Re: Airliner Windows

Date:         08 Sep 97 02:03:46
From:         amuir@twsu.campus.mci.net (Andrew Muir)

   outathere@everywhere.com (iota) wrote:
>I think you'll find the newer 737 (300+?) windows are set higher..
>so plan your flights accordingly... <g>

Wrong - 707 through 757 (narrow bodies only) put the windows in the same
place relative to the floor and use essentially the same window frame
forgings.

Now having had to work on the design of the 737-X window belt skin, our little
design group joked about replacing the windows entirely with external cameras
linked to the seat back vieo monitors.  Less weight, and potentially better
views.  Mount 6 cameras tied to 6 channels on the video system (fwd, down, rh,
lh, fin top, aft-down).

Just a thought.