Re: T-tail

Date:         08 Sep 97 02:03:44
From:         Syiad.Al-Duri@t-online.de (Syiad T. Al-Duri)

Steven.Nicolaou@zippo.com (Steven.Nicolaou) wrote in sci.aeronautics.airliners

> I read somewhere that T-tails have poorer handling at low speeds. Why is
> this? Also, what other disadvantages do T-Tails have compared to non-T-tail
> aircraft and what advantages (for that matter) do they have in order to
> be preferred to non-T-tails?

Low speed means high angle of attack (AoA). A high AoA results in the T-tail
being subjected to a disturbed airflow from the main wing.

With a T-tail, the engines can be mounted to the rear of the fuselage. This is
better for small aircraft, to avoid ingestion of foreign objects into the
engines.

Syiad     <Syiad.Al-Duri@brr.de>           //
          <Syiad.Al-Duri@t-online.de>    \X/
          <113031.1225@compuserve.com>
--
There is ONE reason to use Windows95 -- it has multitasking:
you can boot the system and crash it simultaneously!