DC-6 for Pollution Control

Date:         13 Jan 97 18:35:32
From:         Paul Michaels <midas@celtic.co.uk> (Paul Michaels)

I have read recently that Air Atlantique is to introduce two DC-6 into
pollution control alongside its DC-3s. I presume this is in the same
role, ie. low level spraying. Does anyone know how well the DC-6 is
suited to this role? I have heard that the DC-3 is thought to be the
best aircraft for this by a considerable margin. This being to do with
its speed, control, expense, reliability and even the dispersant
properties of the prop. wash.
What would be the rationale in introducing the DC-6?

Paul Michaels, Aberdaugleddau (Milford Haven), Wales