Re: Rear-facing seats

Date:         13 Jan 97 18:35:31
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>Does anybody know of any other civilian airlines apart from Southwest
>with rear-facing seats in commercial jets, or plans, yet to be fulfilled
>or abandoned, to install them? And how come Southwest has them?

I don't know why Southwest has them, but I hear they won't have them
on the 737-700s.  I think it was some sort of certification issue.

USAir used to have them for row 1 on at least some of their DC-9s --
I flew in one of those seats in 1985.  It looks like they disappeared
when USAir added an F class section.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com