Re: 737-900 (was Re: Aer Lingus signs for A321s)

Date:         29 Aug 97 08:10:41
From:         Michael & Iain Butler <mbutler@ihug.co.nz>

Karl Swartz wrote:
> I'm mildly surprised at their claim that the 737-900 will allow 18
> more seats (three rows) over the 737-800.  What I had heard before
> was that the -900 wouldn't offer more capacity then the -800, but
> would allow a more generous pitch when configured to the maximum
> number of seats.  I couldn't imagine enough demand for that to
> justify yet another stretch; 18 more seats is far more believable.

The 737-900 like the 737-800 will be limited to max 189 pax because of
evacuation criteria.  But for other than charter ops who bang the seats
in at minimum pitch it will allow extra seets.

This would allow 180 pax in a typical mixed class config vs 162 for the
737-800.

--
Mike Butler                  Wellington NZ