Re: Why Russians airlines usually make no-ILS approach/landings?

Date:         27 Aug 97 03:57:56
From:         "JCSFlyboy" <jcs@flyboy.com>

ZineGreen <zinegreen@aol.com> wrote in article
<airliners.1997.1835@ohare.Chicago.COM>...
> There is some merit to the language problem, but it is ridiculous to say
> they clear the taxiways when Aeroflot flights arrives.  This is nonsense
-
> I've been in the traffic mix many many times with Aeroflot flights into
> JFK and ORD.  (I've even flown on Aeroflot.)  The language problem has as
> much to do with ATC controllers with attitudes as much as it does foreign
> pilots who don't speak good English.  They fly into our country, and we
> fly into theirs: let's be realistic about communicating.  Controllers
> often rattle of instructions so fast even I can't understand them.  What
> do they expect?  Let's treat the foreign carriers with a little respect.

Okay. If Russian airline pilots are so well trained, why is the majority of
crashes (unscheduled descents) in by Russian airlines caused by weight and
balance discrepencies?  They load the airplane with people like it's a city
bus (people standing in the isles, etc.)

Looking forward to your response. Please respond to "the group".