Re: Fracturing the Pacific

Date:         20 Aug 97 02:38:36
From:         m@bang.org
Followups:    1 2 3

kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) wrote:
> I'd think it much more likely that one or more Russian airports on the
> Arctic Coast would be upgraded as needed, which would allow the entire
> Arctic region to be flown under the existing 180 minute rules.

That would certainly solve the problem, but who would pay for it? Keeping
runways free of snow year-round in northern Siberia would be expensive.

M Carling
--
Microsoft Network is prohibited from reproducing this work, in whole or in
part. Copyright 1997, M Carling. License is available to Microsoft Network to