Re: Fracturing the Pacific

Date:         20 Aug 97 02:38:36
From:         Bob Mann <rwmannco@interport.net>

Filip De Vos wrote:
> Considering the benefits of twins, would investing in a bit of concrete
> not be advantagious by the airlines with large Asia-America traffic?
>
> (I had the same thoughts concerning some Atlantic diversion sites in
> Greenland earlier. To my knowledge no Greenland sites were expanded to
> allow acces to bigger planes like 767s)

If we were in the early "facilitation" age of aviation, a la Pan Am
Clippers paving the way across the Pacific, I'd say yes, but with the
economics of today's industry, no.  Given the expected low utilization
rates of these facilities, there is no non-safety related return on the
investment, by either airline or public entity.

--
Bob Mann
R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.