Re: Virgin Atlantic becomes first A340-600 customer; Air

Date:         09 Aug 97 02:28:29
From:         Celestar 9V-SJH <bunnylee@pacific.net.sg>

At 05:41 AM 8/8/97, you wrote:
>The situation of Singapore Airlines is special. They have still 41
>options for the B777. I don't know of any options for the A340. The 41
>options were signed with the B777-100X in mind. If the B777-200X is not
>corresponding to their needs what are they going to do with all these
>options?

>A part may be converted to -200IGW's (for traffic growth), the other
>ones may never be converted to a firm order. Canceling the options may
>not be very cheap.

Singapore Airlines currently has 8 A340-300Es (named "Celestar"), 9 more on
firm orders, and 20 more on options.

To be more accurate, the 41 options include 10 for Singapore Aircraft
Leasing Enterprise Pte Ltd (SALE). The other 31 options are for SIA.

Well, I believe that SIA is interested in the B777-300. They have already
exercised 2 of their B777 options to the B777-300, to be delivered in 1998.