Re: DC9-15 (was Re: Northwest A319 will replace what ?)

Date:         08 Aug 97 05:41:22
From:         Wilken <"wilken@wilken"@atl.mindspring.com>
Followups:    1 2 3 4

Edward Hahn wrote:
> In article <airliners.1997.1418@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Mike wrote:
> >NW operates -10, -30, -40, -50 and -80s.  I've never heard of a -15 before,
> >prehaps it is a variant of the -10?  Note there are also no -20s.  If
> >Republic did operate them then I can't say where they went.
>
> Among the differences between a -10 and a -15 version of the DC9, is, (from
> what I recall) the additional of leading edge slats to the wing.

In the dash series the first digit is the manafacture series such as
DC9-10.  The second digit in the dash is the Airline designation.  -15
just happens to be Northwest.  Same as a -88 is Delta and a -83 is I
beleive American.  (yes the MD88 is really type certified as a DC9-88)
I've never seen a -15 to have slats though unless some airline did
some special work.  To the best of my knowledge slats on the DC-9 didnt
appear until the -30.