Re: MD-11 Landing/Flare Behavior

Date:         05 Aug 97 03:15:49
From:         nw@ix.netcom.com (Neil Wagner)

On 03 Aug 97 02:50:16 , Matthew Kranz <kranz@sprintmail.com> wrote:
>Does the MD-11 have less-than-optimum flare and landing characteristics?
>...it has got me thinking. Can any MD-11 pilots throw their $0.02 in?

Well, I'm not a pilot, but I've flown over 100 flights on 'em in a
test capacity, and can say the quality of the ILS makes a big
difference if the autopilot is landing the plane.  Some touchdowns are
pretty firm, but in all my flights, even under manual control, the
plane's never bounced or scraped the tail.

The above represents my personal opinion and does not necessarily
reflect the position of my employer.

Neil - nw@ix.netcom.com