Re: Boeing 767 main gear tilt

Date:         28 Jul 97 01:13:30
From:         "François Airault" <fairault@compuserve.com>

Gary McKinnis wrote:
> With a nose-high attitude on landing, the main gear trucks are very
> close to parallel to the landing surface at touchdown.

Gary,I don't think so. Simon Craig said the tilt is 17°, and I believe
he's right. Since the landing attitude is 4-5°, an all-wheels touchdown
would put the tail several feet below the pavement, especially on the
-300 series aircraft. Not the best way to make a career...
Glad to see I'm not the only one to wonder, however. Thanks for the
input, I'll let you know if I ever find the Holy answer.

Francois-