Re: differents in DC10-30 and -40

Date:         28 Jul 97 01:13:28
From:         malc@mci2000.com (Malcolm Weir)

On 13 Jul 97 19:52:42 , baejs3201@aol.com (BAEJS3201) caused to appear as if
it was written:

>Hey out there can anyone tell me what the differeents in a DC10-30 and
>-40, I know the differents in a -10 and -30 is bigger engines,bigger wings
>and center line gear.

Basically, the -30 has GE engines and the -40 has Pratt & Whitney.

The story was that the -40 was created to sell the aircraft to a die-hard
P&W customer (JAL?) who wanted to take advantage of the political benefits
of existing work-share programs (specifically, I think P&W has had a
relationship with Japan Aero Engines for a while before the IAE partnership
was formed).

>David

Malc.