Re: Identifying Boeing 777

Date:         28 Jul 97 01:13:25
From:         "john r." <john@guava.demon.co.uk>

In article <airliners.1997.1470@ohare.Chicago.COM>, "P. Wezeman"
<pwezeman@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu> writes
>   I often stay in a suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota, where I am under
>one of the approach paths to Twin Cities International Airport. Does any
>airline operate the Boeing 777 out of the twin cities?
>   How can one distinguish a Boeing 777 from the many other twin engine
>airliners, seeing it in flight without any direct size comparison? I
>suppose I could make a set of World War Two style flash cards with
>aircraft silhouettes.

1 Its big
2 Squared off tail cone, not rounded like most other a/c.
3 Long thin wings, obvious in flight when you have your eye in.
4 Flight deck windows appear as a small visor like slit. Of course they
are as big as any other plane, but see item 1.
5 Its quiet. I work on the ramp at Heathrow and its stange to see one
moving under power near silently, if you are in front. GE for better or
worse.

Cheers,
--
  _J_O_H_N____R_E_L_P_H____________   john@guava.demon.co.uk

                                 Teddington, Middlesex in Cold Old England.