DC9-15 (was Re: Northwest A319 will replace what ?)

Date:         28 Jul 97 01:13:24
From:         ehahn@mitre.org (Edward Hahn)

In article <airliners.1997.1418@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Mike wrote:

>NW operates -10, -30, -40, -50 and -80s.  I've never heard of a -15 before,
>prehaps it is a variant of the -10?  Note there are also no -20s.  If
>Republic did operate them then I can't say where they went.

Among the differences between a -10 and a -15 version of the DC9, is, (from
what I recall) the additional of leading edge slats to the wing.

The DC9-10 and other aircraft without leading edge slats tend to be very
sensitive to wing icing (witness the F28 crash at LGA by USAir a few years
ago).  Leading edge slats help reduce this problem.

ed

The above statement is the opinion of the author.  No endorsement
or warranty by the MITRE Corporation is expressed or implied.