Re: Food for Thought

Date:         13 Jul 97 19:52:41
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.NOSPAM.COM (Karl Swartz)

>> If you see a 3-view, photo, or actual ME-262 (only two in
>> existence at museums in Germany and Chino, California)

>nb.:  The NASM has one (an ME-262), and I believe it's still on display
>at the Mall building in D.C.

My brother and I have been talking about going out to Castle Air Force
Base because he wants to see the SR-71 that's out there, so I suggested
we go down to Chino to check out the Me-262.  He found the following
URL which offers a nice summary of the Me-262:

http://www.tiac.net/users/srose/luftwafe/me262.html

It looks like there are quite a few left.  In addition to the ones in
Germany and Chino, and the one you mention, the Wright-Patterson Air
Force Museum at has one, as do the Johannesburg War Museum in South
Africa and the Australian War Memorial in Canberra.  Probably others.

(This has *really* drifted away from airliners -- followups redirected
to rec.aviation.military.)

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com