Re: Identifying Boeing 777

Date:         13 Jul 97 19:52:41
From:         greg20@ix.netcom.com (Greg Rendell)

In <airliners.1997.1470@ohare.Chicago.COM> "P. Wezeman"
<pwezeman@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu> writes:
>   I often stay in a suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota, where I am under
>one of the approach paths to Twin Cities International Airport. Does any
>airline operate the Boeing 777 out of the twin cities?
>   How can one distinguish a Boeing 777 from the many other twin engine
>airliners, seeing it in flight without any direct size comparison? I
>suppose I could make a set of World War Two style flash cards with
>aircraft silhouettes.

I don't know if any airlines operate the Boeing 777 out of the twin
cities, but I can give you some information to help you identify or
"spot" it.  Check out my website "Greg's Guide to Spotting Common
Commercial Aircraft" at
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1273/spotting.html for
information on spotting common commercial airliners that you are likely
to see in the US.  Unless BA or UA operates a 777 to the twin cities,
it's pretty unlikely that you'd see one there.  Someone please correct
me if I'm wrong regarding this.

Greg Rendell in Aston, PA
greg20@ix.netcom.com
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1273/